Another shrub from my mind, if you dont mind
|1⁄4||oz||Triple sec, Cointreau|
|3⁄4||oz||Sherry vinegar (blackberry infused)|
Shake all but vinegar with ice. Strain onto rocks or crushed in a rocks glass, depending on your level of tart vs. Quench. Top with vinegar, which should fall to the bottom making the first sip bracing and subsequent sips sweeter... Its fun!
For the vinegar i used blis IX; a nine year bourbon-maple barrel aged sherry vinegar. The tart vs quenching question should be asked before deploying such a cocktail. What sort of drinkers have you and what do thy like.... If a very tart shrub would get sent back by even one guest... Serve it o'er crushed and save the ace in the hole(o'er rocks) for someone who really wants to pucker.... That'll save you from pouring more vinegar... Stuff aint cheap! for the vinegar i took a wide mouthed 500ml bottle and filled it to the top with the freshest and sweetest blackberries i could find. than fill said bottle thusly with as much sherry vinegar as i could fit. let sit for at least 11 days and indefinately. dont use it till the fruit takes the sharpness of of the vinegar. itll still be tart, but just less sharp. my bottle has been sittin on the fruit since late november. ill try to put it in the background when i upload a pic.
A guest started asking me when i would make another shrub right after i rolled out the first one.... It took a while(sorry, paul) but it is done.
- Kachumber Kooler — Gin, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Cucumber, Cilantro, Green chile
- Basil Gimlet — Gin, Lime juice, Agave syrup, Basil
- Bee's Knees — Gin, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Bittered Gimlet — Gin, Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Fig Bee's Knees — Gin, Bitters, Honey syrup, Lime juice
- Juliet & Romeo — Gin, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Mint, Rose water, Cucumber, Salt
- French Pearl — Gin, Absinthe, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Mint
- The Grand Bretagne no.1 — Gin, Apricot liqueur, Orange bitters, Lime juice, Egg white
- The Business — Gin, Lime juice, Honey syrup
- K.C.B. — Gin, Apricot liqueur, Kirschwasser, Orange bitters, Lemon