Fir Gin Fix
The wierd terpene marriage of grapefruit and Douglas fir eau de vie.
Build over ice in lowball, pour into mixing glass and back to combine. Serve on rocks.
Any balanced London dry will work. Fresh juice is especially important in this drink.
On 12/29/10, having received a bottle of Douglas fir eau de vie for Christmas, I had no idea how to mix with it. Then I remembered that Harold McGee in On Food and Cooking described the terpenes in grapefruit being similar to those of evergreens.
|Created & posted by||Rob Marais on 03/06/2011|
- The Hemingway — Gin, Maraschino Liqueur, Grapefruit juice, Lime
- Antibes — Gin, Bénédictine, Grapefruit juice, Orange
- Paloma (South Of The Border) — Blanco tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice
- Harvey Wallbanger (GCNY) — Vodka, Galliano, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Orange bitters
- Cotton Club — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Sorel liqueur
- Grapefruit Flower — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Grapefruit peel
- Dusty Tail — Gin, Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Bitters, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Monkey Gland — Gin, Absinthe, Orange juice, Raspberry syrup
- Stork Club Cocktail — Old Tom Gin, Triple sec, Bitters, Orange juice, Lime juice, Orange peel
- Amsterdam — Genever, Orange liqueur, Orange juice, Orange bitters