|2||oz||Tequila, Sauza Hornitos|
|3⁄4||oz||Honey Ginger Syrup|
|1||spl||Rum, Appleton 12|
Add all ingredients apart from Rum into a mixing glass, shake and strain into a highball. Add crushed ice and float Appleton's 12yo.
To make Honey - Ginger Syrup add half a cup of honey to a container with half a cup of boiling water, stir until consistent. Add about 1oz. of freshly peeled ginger and leave to cool for a few hours.
As far as I know I came up with this after looking at recipes for the Penicillin. Although, really its just a margarita with Honey-Ginger syrup in place of Triple Sec so I'm sure someone came up with it before me.
From other users
- The Appleton's 12yo really adds a nice smokiness to it which I like. It really combats the sweetness and balances it out for me.
- Daiquiri (Sweeter) — Light rum, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- Say Goodnight Gracie — Light rum, Crème de Violette, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Lime juice
- Tijuana Trick — Reposado Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Egg white, Lime juice, Orange juice, Simple syrup
- Jules Verne — Reposado Tequila, VeeV Acai Spirit, Elderflower liqueur, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- Ginger Batida aka Ginger Caipirinha — Cachaça, Ginger liqueur, Lime juice, Cherry juice, Grenadine
- Pear-Ginger Batida — Cachaça, Ginger liqueur, Pear eau de vie, Lime, Grenadine, Cherry juice
- Apple Sidecar (Clear Creek) — Vodka, Apple brandy, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Tangerine juice, Tangerine peel
- Lil' Jig — Tequila, Herbal liqueur, Lime, Simple syrup, Basil
- Smoked Margarita — Reposado Tequila, Orange liqueur, Whiskey, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Salt
- The S.O.S. — Light rum, Aperol, Lime juice, Maple syrup, Club soda