Don Franco Penicilina
Tequila, Rum, Lime juice, Honey Ginger Syrup, Gomme syrup
Add all ingredients apart from Rum into a mixing glass, shake and strain into a highball. Add crushed ice and float Appleton's 12yo.
To make Honey - Ginger Syrup add half a cup of honey to a container with half a cup of boiling water, stir until consistent. Add about 1oz. of freshly peeled ginger and leave to cool for a few hours.
As far as I know I came up with this after looking at recipes for the Penicillin. Although, really its just a margarita with Honey-Ginger syrup in place of Triple Sec so I'm sure someone came up with it before me.
|Created & posted by||magumpa on 07/13/2011|
From other users
The Appleton's 12yo really adds a nice smokiness to it which I like. It really combats the sweetness and balances it out for me.
- Clermeil — Añejo rum, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Herbal liqueur, Maple syrup
- Lazy Bear — Jamaican rum, Rye, Bitters, Honey syrup, Lime juice
- El Peppino Fresco — Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Cucumber
- Champs Elysées — Brandy, Bitters, Lemon juice, Herbal liqueur, Fine sugar
- The Richard Branson! — Rye, Bärenjäger, Bitters, Lemon juice, Maple syrup, Lemon peel
- Rattlesnake — Rye, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon juice, Lemon zest, Maple syrup, Egg white
- San la Muerte — Tequila, Licor 43, Bitters, Lime juice, Chipotle Pepper
- Rattle-Snake Cocktail. — Rye, Lemon juice, Egg white, Rich simple syrup 2:1, Absinthe
- La guêpe verte — Tequila, Lime juice, Agave syrup, Coriander, Cucumber
- My Fair Gael — Irish whiskey, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon peel, Herbal liqueur