A Jerry Thomas single serve punch with Curaçao (AKA Curaçoa Punch)
Shake with shaved or crushed ice and garnish with fruits as you see fit. Serve with a straw.
Another version popularized by Ted Haigh uses 2 oz Curaçao, 1 oz rum, and 1 oz brandy. For best historical accuracy, you can use Smith & Cross Rum, Pierre Ferrand 1840 Cognac, and PF Dry Curaçao.
|Reference||Jerry Thomas, The Bartender's Guide http://www.classicmixology.com/punches/cura%C3%A7ao_punch/1862|
|Posted by||nick on 04/17/2013|
From other users
I find a full ounce of S&C can be a bit overwhelming, so I used a 1/2 oz and it worked out well. I have also seen a suggestion to use Coruba for the rum.
- Presbyterian — Rye, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Soda water
- Maple Leaf — Bourbon, Maple syrup, Lemon juice
- Death of a Disco Dancer — Rye, Apple brandy, Bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Martin Casa — Jamaican rum, Triple sec, Apricot liqueur, Lime juice
- Brandy Port Sangaree — Brandy, Orange liqueur, Ruby Port
- Tennessee Winter — Tennessee whiskey, Orange liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters
- Tequila Sage Smash — Añejo tequila, Honey syrup, Lemon, Sage
- Gold Rush — Rye, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Tetanus — Drambuie, Scotch, Triple sec, Bitters, Celery bitters, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters
- Japanese Cocktail #1 — Brandy, Bitters, Orgeat, Lime juice