Dry shake, add ice, shake hard to incorporate egg whites. Strain into cocktail glass. A few raspberries on a pick as garnish is nice when in season.
The original recipe posted was 5 raspberries muddled into 1.75 oz. dry gin, 1/2 oz ea. lemon juice and simple and an egg white.
Originally, this was 1:1:1:1 with 1/2 an egg white.
From other users
- Haven't tried the raspberry version. I've used 1.5 oz gin, 0.5 oz homemade grenadine, 0.75 oz lemon, and egg white.
- Use 3:1:1:1 ratio. Homemade raspberry syrup. 1 egg white for 2 drinks works well.
- Made with rhubarb syrup (scant 1/2 oz.). And a full egg white which really was too much.
- 3/8 oz raspberry syrup; Substitute 3/4 oz grenadine, omit vermouth for Joy's version
- Amazing with 2 oz Tanqueray, 3/4 oz lemon juice, 1/2 ounce 2:1 simple syrup, 5 raspberries, and 1 egg white. Used milk frother to "dry shake" and garnished with lemon peel.
- Death & Taxes (Pouring Ribbons) — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Plum eau-de-vie, Grapefruit bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Grapefruit peel
- Jane Porter — Gin, Ruby Port, Bitters, Egg white, Lime juice, Orgeat, Lime peel
- Pink Yente — Gin, Applejack, Red wine, Egg white, Lemon juice
- Hong Kong Cocktail — Gin, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Crimson and Clover — Gin, Mulled wine, Egg white, Lemon juice
- Cucumber Lime Swizzle — Gin, Aromatized wine, Elderflower liqueur, Lime juice, Soda water, Simple syrup, Cucumber
- The Sure Thing — Gin, Aromatized wine, Bianco Vermouth, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Trans-Siberian Express — Gin, Crème de Cacao, Bianco Vermouth, Crème de Menthe, Orange bitters, Lime juice, Mint
- Vanishing Act — Gin, Crème de Violette, Lemon juice, Egg white, Honey syrup, Bitters
- Holland House — Genever, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon juice