An aromatic manhattan variant, inspired by what was allegedly the Chicago gangster's favourite whiskey.
Stir over ice, serve straight up, no garnish.
Marolo Chinato is not strictly speaking a vermouth, it's an aromatised wine that's not as sweet as vermouth, so it's not easy to just swap it out and keep the character of the drink.
Invented while trying to find a good cocktail to make the chinato really sing.
|Created & posted by||jordanharper on 09/05/2012|
- Bonal & Rye — Rye, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Triple sec, Bitters, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Vieux Carré — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cognac, Bénédictine, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters
- Tipperary Cocktail #3 — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur
- Scottish Autumn — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Applejack, Drambuie, Bitters
- Greenpoint — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Herbal liqueur
- Ames Addiction — Añejo rum, Sweet vermouth, Ginger liqueur, Bitters, Orange peel
- Prescription Julep — Cognac, Rye, Simple syrup, Mint
- The Black Pearl — Bourbon, Bitters, Virgin Islands Rum, Rich demerara syrup 21
- Kinsey Report — Bonal Gentiane Quina, Jamaican rum
- Cubed Old Fashioned — Cognac, Rye, Rum, Bitters, Simple syrup, Orange bitters