Smoky and sweet
Ice, shake, strain, coupe.
As served at Takashi, a Michelin-star restaurant in Chicago. While the four ingredients appeared on the menu, the exact brands and proportions were not listed; the amounts shown came from my attempts to duplicate it at home.
- Maximilian Affair — Mezcal, Elderflower liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Lemon juice, Lemon zest
- The Old Man's Fashioned — Islay Scotch, Brandy, Bitters, Cinnamon syrup, Orange peel
- In Vida Veritas — Mezcal, Walnut Liqueur, Zirbenz Stone Pine Liqueur, Bénédictine, Bitters
- Don Lockwood — Bourbon, Islay Scotch, Bitters, Maple syrup
- Caribbean Gulf — Mezcal, Falernum, Pineapple juice, Grapefruit shrub