Bourbon, Ginger beer, Simple syrup, Brown sugar, Basil
Muddle the balsamic syrup, basil and sugar cube in a mixing tin. Add bourbon and ice and shake hard. Strain over fresh ice cubes into an Old Fashioned. Top with ginger beer and garnish with basil leaf.
Balsamic Syrup: Combine 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup simple syrup (1:1) in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring just to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for one minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
|Created by||Jerry Slater, H. Harper Station, Atlanta|
|Posted by||zorules on 02/08/2014|
- Trick Dog's Scorpio (Recreated) — Rye, Bénédictine, Cardamom bitters, Ginger beer, Donn's Spices #2, Lemon juice
- Monticello Lawnmower — Rye, Bitters, Ginger beer, Sugar, Mint, Lime
- Guy Tugwell — Scotch, Triple sec, Allspice Dram, Ginger beer, Lime juice
- Lady Lazarus — Jamaican rum, Falernum, Zwack Unicum, Ginger beer, Lime juice, Virgin Islands Rum
- The Renegade — Scotch, Peychaud's Bitters, Club soda, Brown sugar, Cranberry shrub, Orange peel