|1||ds||Bitters, Boker's (or Angostura)|
|1⁄2||t||Lemon juice (as garnish)|
|1⁄4||c||Sugar (to rim glass, as garnish)|
|1⁄2||Lemon (peeled in one spiral, as garnish)|
Moisten rim of coupe with lemon juice. Rim glass with sugar. Add a small lump of ice to the glass, and insert peel, which should protrude over the top of the glass. Stir the cognac, curacao and bitters together, and strain into the prepared glass.
The Brandy Crusta is a precursor to the sidecar. The original poster had the cocktail as 2 oz cognac, 1/2 oz each Curacao and lemon juice, 1/4 oz simple, and 2 dashes of Boker's.
Jerry Thomas says the drink was invented by one "Santina, a celebrated Spanish caterer".
- Yuzu Sour (Jacob Grier) — Bourbon, Bitters, Yuzu vinegar, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon peel
- Jimmy Gatz — Bourbon, Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Orange bitters, Simple syrup
- Crenshaw — Bourbon, Lemon juice, Honey, Peach preserves, Ginger syrup, Mint
- Hazy Asset — Cognac, Cassis, Scotch, Cherry Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Orgeat, Cinnamon syrup, Lemon juice
- Blackenrye Smash — Rye, Cinnamon bitters, Blackberry syrup, Simple syrup, Lemon juice
- Tennessee — Rye, Maraschino Liqueur, Maraschino cherry, Lemon juice
- The Powhatan — Rye, Ginger liqueur, Triple sec, Bitters, Orange bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Ginger, Orange
- The Father — Apple brandy, Elderflower liqueur, Cinnamon bitters, Lavender syrup, Ginger-Honey Syrup
- Caribbean Coffee Crush — Añejo rum, Falernum, Fernet Branca, Simple syrup, Pineapple
- Cognac Summit — Cognac, Lemonade, Ginger, Cucumber peel, Lime peel