|1⁄2||oz||Crème de Violette (or Crème Yvette)|
|1||oz||Egg white (optional)|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (optional, as garnish)|
Shake, strain, straight up, cocktail glass. Egg white and garnish are suggestions of Ted Haigh, not in the original.
A 1917 version uses Yvette, dry vermouth instead of lemon juice, and orange bitters.
From other users
- Not a huge Creme de Violette fan, and this was too much. Worth re-trying with Creme Yvette.
- Try with egg white before finalizing score.
- Could be okay if the sour was balanced with simple, but probably still not great.
- 3/10/14 My version is without egg white and 3/4 lemon, 3/4 Creme de Violette (used Creme Yvette).
- Eagle's Dream (Robert Hess) — Gin, Crème de Violette, Egg white, Lemon juice, Sugar
- No Moon At All — Gin, Chambord, Crème de Violette, Crème de Cacao, Egg white, Lemon juice
- White Lady — Gin, Triple sec, Egg white, Lemon juice
- Vanishing Act — Gin, Crème de Violette, Lemon juice, Egg white, Honey syrup, Bitters
- Ramos Gin Sour — Gin, Orange flower syrup, Lemon juice, Egg white, Cream
- Mademoiselle — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Egg white, Lemon juice
- Blood Sage — Gin, Egg white, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Sage, Blood orange
- Jane Porter — Gin, Ruby Port, Bitters, Egg white, Lime juice, Orgeat, Lime peel
- The Grande Bretagne no.2 — Gin, Kirschwasser, Peach bitters, Lime juice, Egg white
- The Grand Bretagne no.1 — Gin, Apricot liqueur, Orange bitters, Lime juice, Egg white