Bitter Old Coot
Hey you kids, get off my lawn!
Place a large ice cube in an Old Fashioned glass. Add liquid ingredients and stir until well chilled.
Highly Recommended Option: Luxardo Maraschino Cherry
Per Imbibe article: "This cocktail is simpler than the adventurous concoctions that Justus Drugstore is known for. It started out as an end-of-night staff drink and the employees liked it so well that it made it onto the menu. Justus bartenders use housemade bitters but the Bitter Truth and Fee Brothers options make tasty substitutions."
|Created by||Derek Coffelt, Justus Drugstore, Smithville, MO|
|Reference||2012 Jan/Feb issue of Imbibe - Bitter Old Coot, Page 46|
|Posted by||sorensencup on 03/23/2012|
From other users
Similar to a sweet Manhattan but with a fairly strong licorice finish. I found it very enjoyable.
- Dagreb's Hat (nee Medicine Hat) — Canadian whisky, Fernet Branca, Brandy
- Down & Brown — Rye, Fernet Branca, Bénédictine, Maraschino Liqueur
- The Persecuted Gentleman — Rye, Cynar, Fernet Branca, Brandy, Agave syrup, Orange bitters
- 1815 Sutherland Highlanders — Scotch, Fernet Branca, Peychaud's Bitters, Absinthe, Sugar cube
- Grounds For Divorce — Bourbon, Campari, Amaro, Sweet vermouth
- Jackson Ward — Rye, Amaro, Sweet vermouth, Wormwood bitters, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Professional — Bourbon, Campari, Jamaican rum
- Across The River — Bourbon, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Amaro, Bitters
- Midnight in Manhattan — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Amaro, Bitters
- Right Hand — Añejo rum, Campari, Sweet vermouth, Bitters