|2||oz||Tequila, Ocho Blanco|
|1||oz||Beet Puree (Homemade)|
Give all ingredients a nice shake and pour over ice into a wine glass or rocks glass. Garnish with three thin beetroot circles (when hit by the light they look incredible) on a pick and a generous sprig of mint to contrast against the beautiful purple colour of the drink. You can make your own beetroot purée by blending around 3 boiled beets with about 100g of fine sugar and aprox 50ml of water.
Leo and I came up with this drink when nursing a hangover, it’s a great alternative to a Bloody Mary but also a drink that you can drink at any hour. The earthy flavour of the beet really accentuates the agave and tastes the bomb. Plus, beetroots are full of antioxidants so we figure it’s pretty good (ish) for you too!
- Libra — Tequila, Tangerine juice, Dill syrup, Egg white, Lime juice
- Rack Punch — Batavia Arrack, Green tea, Water, Sugar, Lemon juice, Lemon, Nutmeg
- Teamaker's Punch — Gin, Coconut Arrack, Green tea, Lemon juice, Palm sugar, Nutmeg, Cinnamon
- The Aves — Pisco, Quail egg, Ponzu, Green Onion, Lemon juice, Roe, Teriyaki sauce, Lemon
- Loop Tonic — Blanco tequila, Dry vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Celery bitters, Celery stalk, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Hot Toddy and Tea — Bourbon, Tea, Honey, Lemon juice
- Rhum Cocktail Marilene — Rhum Agricole, Bitters, Lime juice, Sugar
- Martinique Swizzle (Cienfuegos) — Martinique Rum, Bitters, Absinthe, Cane syrup, Lime juice, Mint
- Madininha — Rhum Agricole, Elderflower liqueur, Lime juice, Cucumber juice
- Toh-may-toe, Toh-mah-toe — Blanco tequila, Herbal liqueur, Tomato, Lime juice, Cane syrup