|2||oz||Gin (London Dry)|
|2||ds||Crème de Violette|
Shake. strain, up.
Ensslin's recipe is 2 parts London Dry gin, 1 part lemon juice, 2 dashes each Maraschino and Creme de Violette, with no garnish. Ted Haigh, in Vintage Spirits and Forgotten Cocktails has this as 2 1/2 oz gin, 3/4 oz lemon juice, and 2 or 3 dashes of Maraschino - it omits the creme de violette, which is a transcription error from Ensslin to the Savoy Cocktail Book. This can be made more floral with more violette and sweeter by reducing the lemon juice.
From other users
- Dates to 1930. Except for addition of creme de violette, this is version in Gary Regan's "Joy of Mixology." 4:1:1
- current preferences: 2 oz gin 0.75 oz lemon 2 t (0.33 oz) maraschino 1 t violette 0.25 oz simple
- I prefer 2oz gin, 1/2oz each maraschino/lemon and 1-2 barspoons violette with a cherry
- Very happy with: 2 oz gin, 3/4 oz lemon juice, 1/3 oz maraschino, 1/4 oz créme de violette.
- Violette, for blue tint, or nothing. Creme Yvette makes it red.
- I did 2oz gin (Solveig), .5oz+ lemon, .5oz Maraschino, 1tsp CdV. Happy with taste and color.
- Bit sweet
- I like to go slightly heavier on the Maraschino and a bit lighter on the creme de violette.
- Reduce lemon juice to 1/2 ounce.
- Gin- sour, floral
- OK this was pretty awful. My only thought is I borked on the lemon juice. This drink was completely overly sour. I'll assume it was user error and will try again soon.
- Greenhouse Gimlet — Gin, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Bennett Cocktail — Gin, Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Bitter Cocktail — Gin, Herbal liqueur, Pastis, Lemon juice, Sugar
- Jasmine — Gin, Triple sec, Campari, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Silver Dart — Gin, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Rose water
- PFT (Pretty Fluffy Thing) — Gin, Campari, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Bailey — Gin, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Simple syrup, Mint
- Basil Gimlet — Gin, Lime juice, Agave syrup, Basil
- Skytanic — Gin, Curaçao, Maraschino Liqueur, Blue Curaçao, Absinthe, Lemon juice
- The Debutante — Gin, Lime juice, Grenadine